The Council of Voluntary Social Services works with non-profit agencies all across Jamaica. Sector meetings, special events, agency capacity building, advocacy work and promotion of volunteerism are just some of the ways we work with member agencies to build a strong future for Jamaica.
Youth Sector agencies support the healthy growth and development of young Jamaicans through a wide range of activities:
- Youth advocacy
- Life skills training
- Remedial education & career counselling
- Employment & entrepreneurial skills training
- Environmental education
- Childs rights education
- Homework & mentorship programmes
- Emergency & disaster management
- Recreational/sporting activities
- Inter-agency collaboration
- Early childhood education
The CVSS Summer Games a sector project focused on building self-esteem, providing opportunities for youth to experience athletics on a large scale, reducing inter-community tension and encouraging positive behavior in the youth who attend. Learn more about the most recent Summer Games in this blog post.