The Council of Voluntary Social Services works with non-profit agencies all across Jamaica. Sector meetings, special events, agency capacity building, advocacy work and promotion of volunteerism are just some of the ways we work with member agencies to build a strong future for Jamaica.
Health Sector member agencies work includes:
- Prevention education
- Early detection through screening programmes & clinic services
- Rehabilitation through education on healthy lifestyles & treatment
- Counselling programmes
- Emergency and disaster management
- First aid training programmes
- Sexuality & HIV awareness training
The CVSS Day of Care is largely supported by the Health Sector agencies. Many of the Health Sector member agencies have a national presence and provide essential health services to both urban and rural Jamaicans. You can learn about what just one member agency – the Jamaica Cancer Society – has done to fight prostate cancer in this news story.